In the last ten years there has been a boom in the development of new residential and commercial properties. This has been fuelled by economic growth, prosperity, cheaper and more readily available finance and a large number of competent building contractors. Even at the lower income levels of society, there has been a rapid increase in the percentage of families building permanent freehold properties and a departure from the moveable chattel houses which were sited on rental lands in the past.
This has been stimulated by the housing policies of successive governments.
Comparison of Average Price Per Square Foot (PSF) South Coast Vs West Coast
- Property Consultancy Services Inc.
- Barbados Estate Agents and Valuers Association (BEAVA)
- A website developed to facilitate communication between members of BEAVA and the public. It will also highlight real estate issues and matters of interest to the industry as they arise. www.beavainc.com
- Town & Country Development Planning Office
- A source of compliance information for developers, owners, and builders. This website provides information about the various stages in property development that relates to the Town & Country Development Planning office. www.townplanning.gov.bb