Close Brothers is a diversified group of specialist financial services businesses that, by virtue of a long and successful track record, enjoys a sound reputation as one of the oldest and most respected of the City’s financial institutions. Close Brothers was listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1984 and today ranks among the top 200 listed companies in the United Kingdom.
“Close Wealth Management (Barbados) Ltd (CWMB) established operations in Barbados in 2008. As a subsidiary of Close Brothers plc, one of the oldest independent merchant banks listed in London, CWMB brings a wealth of expertise and experience to the international business community of Barbados.
CWMB set up operations in Barbados due to the fact that, despite a recent turbulent past in world markets, the stability of Barbados is a testament to the core strengths of the jurisdiction which include:
- Proactive, sound legal and legislative framework,
- Numerous tax treaties attracting business from around the globe,
- Highly educated and experienced workforce,
- Sound telecommunications and infrastructure,
- Robust and adaptable international business community,
- Travel hub to key markets, such as Canada, UK, Latin America and other Caribbean islands.
CWMB has certainly experienced Barbados delivering on its key objectives in a very difficult time for the international business sector. CWMB’s success to date is directly correlated to the island’s strengths and commitment to international business.”