In the past year and a half investors have experienced a dislocation in their wealth the likes of which they’ve never seen. The sell-off in equity markets from their peak in October 2007 is notable not only for its magnitude, but also its breadth. As investors assess the damage that has been inflicted on their wealth over the past couple of years, the importance of having a long-term strategy and understanding one’s level of risk tolerance cannot be overstated.
- Mr. Marlon Yarde
- General Manager of The Barbados Stock Exchange
- Mr. Peter Boos
- Independent Financial service Professional
- Mr. Kester Guy
- Chief Executive Officer (ag.) of The Financial Services Commission
Web & other Resources
- Invest Barbados previously called The Barbados International Business Promotion Corporation (BIBPC) and The Barbados Investment and Development Corporation (BIBC) is responsible for creating and maintaining international investments in Barbados. They are also responsible for managing the Barbados Business brand and developing new investment products. The head office is located at The Trident Insurance Financial Center and branches are located in Canada, China, USA and the UK.
- The Financial Services Commission (FSC) is an integrated regulatory body, established on April 1st, 2011 by virtue of the Financial Services Commission Act (2010). They are responsible for supervising and regulating non-bank financial institutions in Barbados.