Richard Ince CIP CRM – Account Manager, CGM Gallagher Insurance Brokers (Barbados) Ltd. is a seasoned Barbados insurance manager and consultant with over thirty five years experience, over half of which have been in the international insurance field. In addition to an extensive underwriting and risk management background in Barbados and Canada, he spent several years in local insurance company management as well as a GM/Director of Barbados operations for a leading international Insurance consultancy. Richard has accumulated a wealth of experience in the Barbados International Insurance Sector through his involvement with a number of innovative programmes , including:
* Setup of one of the first local insurer-owned Captive Managers in Barbados
* Setup and management of major captive operations for US, Canadian, European and Caribbean corporations and Fortune 1000 companies
* Setup of some of the earliest Segregated (Protected) cell and Separate Account structures in the domicile
* Provision of Barbados domicile representation for US Insurance Intermediaries
* Provision of management and captive consulting services in Canada for Barbados-based Insurance Group.
A past president of the Insurance Institute of Barbados, Barbados International Insurance Asssociation (BIIA) and Vice-President of the Barbados International Business Association (BIBA), Richard is a regular presenter at conferences and seminars and has published a number of articles on the Barbados International Insurance Sector, including in both the 2008 and 2009 editions of ‘Business Barbados’.
Richard holds a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation from the Insurance Institute of Canada and a Certificate in Risk Management (CRM) – Global Risk Management Institute.